The only thing better than connecting our readers with fabulous finds is knowing that those purchases do real good in the world. So we thought we’d take a look-see around Cool Mom Picks for some of our favorite picks that put your money to great use helping others– and make amazing gifts, too. -Delilah
1. Tiny Revolutionary – This Atlanta-based, mom-run company offers gorgeous eco-conscious apparel (shown at left) with messages of peace, love, and world betterment, and they give to several organizations that support these goals.
3. TOMS Shoes – For every pair of TOMS Shoes you buy, they donate a pair to a kid in need. All the more reason to get their adorable wedges in black and cranberry.
4. Many Hands: Family Music for Haiti – This amazing CD to benefit Haiti is like Live-Aid for 2010, jam-packed with 22 original songs by big names like Dan Zanes and They Might Be Giants.
5. Raven + Lily – The lovely lavender sachets we recommended for Mother’s Day are gone, but Raven + Lily has a fantastic array of home decor, accessories, stationery, bath products, and baby goods that empower women by design and through giving.
6. Working Proof – Original art prints with proceeds benefiting the artist’s chosen charity. What a great way to cover tiny hand-prints on the wall!
7. Petite Tresor at Target – 10% of the proceeds from this adorable layette line by Jessica Seinfeld benefit families in need of their own infant basics. Now with extra snuggly!
8. One Cup – 100% of the proceeds from this gourmet, micro-roasted, award-winning Seattle coffee benefits social and economic change in Zambia.
9. Out of Print Clothing – For every adult or youth t-shirt sold, a book will be donated to a community in need. And the gorgeous shirts features the covers of out-of-print books, so you win too.
10. Oomfy – These snuggly stuffed animals and their accompanying storybooks helps real orphaned critters find care and rehabilitation. Learning, snuggling, and helping FTW!
Use code “CMP” for 20% off your purchase at Tiny Revolutionary.