Thanksgiving can be a challenging time for lots of people, but this year, well, let’s just say stress levels are at an all-time high. So, on today’s episode of Spawned with Kristen and Liz, we’re sharing our Thanksgiving survival tips, from setting conversation boundaries to opting out of celebrations, and yes, some fun ideas, too. Well, beyond booze and carbs, that is. Come commiserate with us!
Funny Thanksgiving wine labels via Barton Design Co.
Listen to our Spawned podcast right now. This very minute! Right here! Then be sure to subscribe on iTunes so you never miss an episode.
Links from Episode 59
– There’s even a WebMD page about holiday stress (and what you can do about it).
-If you’re using this as an excuse to eat all the carbs, Cool Mom Eats has Thanksgiving recipes and help galore. As in, everything you could possibly want to eat, it’s here.
– A fantastic round-up of books about Thanksgiving from the native perspective to share with your kids.
– 6 versions of the “true Thanksgiving story” — which one do you believe?
– 12 fun, easy fall nature crafts for preschoolers that can get them outside and keep them busy.
– More help: 8 fun and easy Thanksgiving crafts for younger kids, and ideas for 6 adorable pinecone crafts
-We talk about expressing gratitude, and one way to do that is find ways to volunteer as a family.
– The smart free printable Avery labels and cards were used to make an easy gratitude jar that Liz mentioned.
This week’s sponsor
Our sponsor BitsBox is back this week, and if you’re doing holiday shopping for the kids in your life, you’ll want to check them out now. Their affordable, engaging monthly subscription for kids teaches them to code in a super fun way — kids get cards in the mail each month, along with fun goodies and activities, then take what they’re learning to create their own apps. How cool is that? From their digital subscription to the deluxe box (Go with the deluxe box! It’s the holidays!), BitsBox is a smart way to get your kids to learn keyboarding, coding, and app developing.
Special offer for Spawned listeners: Save 20% on any Bitsbox subscription with code COOLMOM.
Cool Picks of the Week
Kristen: Klask: Think air hockey, but with magnets. And strategy.
Liz: Not Parent Approved: It’s Cards Against Humanity, but for kids.
Thanks for so much for listening to Spawned. We love hearing from you! Drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org, catch us on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #spawnedshow, and please subscribe to our podcast feed on iTunes.
Cool Mom Picks is a reward style affiliate.