If you’re like us and you love to make New Year’s resolutions but can never seem to actually keep them, well, this is the Spawned podcast for you. On this episode, we’re taking a closer look at the most common New Year’s resolutions, and sharing our own advice, plus tips and tricks from the experts, on how to actually tackle them. Whether you want to finally drop that baby weight or want to get a grip on your finances, you’ll want to listen to this episode.
Plus, don’t miss Kristen’s big news! What a wonderful way to start off 2017!
You can listen right now to this episode of Spawned right now (do it!) to hear all the New Year’s resolutions we decided to discuss, and make sure you’ve subscribed to our show on iTunes so you never miss an episode.
(Image via Sweet Peony Press on Etsy)
Links from the show. There are lots.
– Great advice about work-life balance from former guest (and author) Samantha Ettus.
– How to cut the cable cord (and save yourself some money. Or a lot of money)
– A few great money management apps.
– One of our favorite, inspiring books: The Happiness Project by our friend and fellow podcaster Gretchen Rubin.
– This is our favorite iPhone charging case.
– Here’s what happened when Kristen put her phone away around her kids for a week.
– How to actually keep your New Year’s resolutions, according to psychologists.
This week’s sponsor
Need a cool way to keep your kids busy inside when the weather is cold outside? You need to meet our sponsor BitsBox. (Our kids loooove it.) Their affordable, engaging monthly subscription for kids teaches kids to code in a super fun way — kids get cards in the mail each month, along with fun goodies and activities all to help them create their own working apps. Just take a peek at a recent Facebook Live we did; you can see all the apps Kristen’s son has made, plus get a sneak peek inside the Bitsbox.
It also makes a great, affordable birthday gift, especially since birthday party season is here! (Or really, isn’t it always birthday party season)
Special offer for Spawned listeners: Save 20% on any Bitsbox subscription with code COOLMOM.
Cool Picks of the Week
Liz: Next Draft, a fantastic weekly round-up of news and interesting articles that are super well-curated. Great way to stay in-the-know!
Thanks for so much for listening to Spawned. We love hearing from you! Drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org, catch us on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #spawnedshow, and please subscribe to our podcast feed on iTunes.