Thanks to the new Beauty and the Beast movie, we’re seeing lots of chatter about princess culture and whether it’s good for our kids. So, on this new episode of Spawned with Kristen and Liz, we tackle this hot button issue, and whether the whole Disney princess culture is healthy or harmful. We tap into research, books, and yes, our own parenting experience as we discuss how princess culture has evolved and how it affects kids.
Listen right now, and then make sure you subscribe to Spawned on iTunes so you never miss an episode!
Links from Spawned Episode 69
– Here’s Kristen’s review of Beauty and the Beast.
– Cinderella Ate My Daughter, a great book on princess culture.
– Liz’s post from way back about princess culture. Great read!
– Here’s a piece against princess culture in the Washington Post by Rebecca Haines
– We’ve featured lots of anti-princess, strong girl books on our site, like Princess and the Pony (image top).
Our Cool Picks of the Week
Kristen: You have to read the reviews of those Clear Knee Mom Jeans
Liz: Five-Star Roundup, a wonderfully-curated blog post round-up.