If like lots of us, you’re snowed in and not quite feeling intrepid enough to brave the frigid temperatures for an icy sled run, we have you covered with some ideas for fun things to do during a snow day, besides turning on the new PS4. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.) Stay warm! And try to enjoy the time with the kids.
1. Play one of our 7 favorite classic board games for families.
2. Cook or craft, using these 5 great indoor activities with kids for inspiration.
3. Try origami.
4 Print free paper dolls. We have loads of links to free ones!
5. Have a cookie contest, whatever the theme. (Our kids loved this!)
6. Make your own masks and put on a play.
7. Whip up an indulgent hot chocolate recipe and cuddle up in front of a favorite family movie–hopefully that you can stream for free.
8. Have the kids make a video of their vacation to send to family using this easy app.
9. Send thank you notes for all those holiday gifts. There’s still time; no judging.
10. Try a new Rainbow loom bracelet pattern.
11. Make a free interactive craft calendar for 2014 and let the kids add their friends’ birthdays and important dates.
12. Make a new kids music playlist and have a dance party.
Bonus: Tell the kids to clean up their rooms. (Kidding. Sort of.)
Great ideas. And thanks for the holiday thank you card reminder – I literally just added that to my weekend to-do list after reading this post 🙂 A few more fun activity ideas for the list: turn basic boxes into toys or giant easels for crayons, and play creative games with your holiday cards like these: http://hintmama.com/category/toys/