Enzo Garcia. The force behind the popular LMNO toddler music classes, Enzo has just come out with his ninth children’s album, Pink. Upbeat but never cloying, Enzo fuses traditional kiddie folk with hints of bluegrass, zydeco and ethnic music, sounding to me a little like a cross between Leon Redbone and the O Brother Whereart Thou soundtrack. And while his distinctive voice is his primary instrument, his back-up tracks on guitar, accordion, banjo and harmonica bring soul to the tunes. Listen to samples of Pink at CD Baby, then make sure to buy your own copy. There’s something totally gratifying about having a kids CD that no one else knows about. Unless of course you’re a San Francisco hipster parent. –LizWhile I haven’t lived in San Francisco, I’ve spent enough time there to know that it’s just plain cool. Cool cafes, cool bands, cool parents with cool children. That’s why I had the feeling I was going to like popular Bay Area kids singer/songwriter
Hi! We’re Kristen + Liz!
We started Cool Mom Picks in 2006 to help make life cooler, more meaningful, and more fun for parents of all kinds.
Trivia: It was called Cool Mom Sh*t for the first two days. (Yeah, we rethought that.)
We had no idea our site would grow to become a major lifestyle network, that we'd end up sharing our finds with the TODAY Show and Martha Stewart, that we'd be able to make a real difference for so many small businesses and women-run companies, or that we'd end up with an incredible community of the coolest readers on the planet. (If we do say so ourselves).
And we still love what we do every single day.
We're so glad you're here.
Trending Right Now
Follow us on Instagram
Covid Support + Quarantine Help for Families
* Our complete Covid-19 and quarantine archives
* Expert tips for talking to your kids. Very reassuring!
* Helping teens who are struggling
* Quarantine birthday party ideas in the age of social distancing
* Board games to play over Zoom or Facetime
* Meal planning tips during quarantine to stretch your budget and your time
* The best ways to clean and disinfect your phones and gadgets. Keep doing it!
* 10 books to help our kids + teens cope with anxiety
* Safety tips for ordering take-out and delivery
* Simple ways to connect with our own moms and grandmas when we're apart