The kids are back in school, which means cold and flu season is upon us. (Yay.) (Not really.)
You probably already know to grab some cold meds, clean out your humidifier, and stock up on tissues. But what you might not know is that our sponsor Kmart Pharmacy has all of those items, plus $0 flu shots, with most insurance plans (*more details on that below). They offer other back-to-school immunizations, too.
I am so grateful as a parent to know I can get so much taken care of, with just one stop.
So, when you swing by the Kmart Pharmacy for that flu shot, here are 15 items you can grab throughout the store to help you make it through this year’s cold and flu season with your sanity still intact.
*No copayment unless required by your plan. Cash Price of the Trivalent flu shot is $27.99.
4. Hand sanitizer. ‘Tis the season. Times infinity.
5. Tissues. Lots of tissues. Then get more because “lots” is never enough for a family.
6. Tongs. For those used tissues you’ll be picking up around your house. (Don’t tell me we’re the only family with tissue tongs!)
7. Lip balm. Works on lips and those little red noses.
8. A Neti pot. Maybe this will be the year the kids finally try it. I swear by mine!
9. Orange juice, and chicken noodle soup. Dinner of champions. Who are sick. And not feeling so champion-like.
About our sponsorGet a jump on cold and flu season thanks to Kmart Pharmacy, a one-stop shop for your family health care needs, including back-to-school immunizations like a $0 flu shot, with most insurance plans.*
Plus, the pharmacy team can help you with over-the-counter items you might need, as part of their “Care Beyond the Counter” approach — just one of the reasons Kmart Pharmacy is ranked #1 in customer satisfaction according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Visit the Kmart website to find a Kmart Pharmacy near you.
10. A bright lipstick. I swear by a great lipstick when I’m under the weather but have to get out of the house. It helps me look awake and alive, especially when I feel like neither.
11. Dry shampoo. Perfect for those occasions when you can’t remember the last time you felt awake and alive enough to actually wash and dry your hair.
12. Liquid hand soap. While you probably already keep a bottle at every sink, I feel better knowing I have a backup or two (or seven) at all times.
13. A humidifier. Because either you need one, or you have no idea what happened to the one you vaguely remember buying last year.
14. 2 cozy blankets. This way you always have one available, even when the other is in the wash.
15. A full face ski mask. Hey, sometimes even bright lipstick is just not going to do the trick.
Thanks to our sponsor Kmart Pharmacy for helping parents keep their families healthier so affordably and letting me have the best time combing the aisles for my favorite things.