BlogHer Photo Scavenger Hunt
We've all become comfortable reading our favorite blogs that fill our blog readers every day. And while everyone's looking forward to drinking, brushing up on tech tricks, and drinking some more at the 2007 BlogHer Conference, there's more to the blogosphere than the 60, 80, oh, 150 blogs you're already familiar with.
So to help us all to reach beyond our own keyboards, experience a blogging world of difference, and give us something more by way of introductions than "Hi, um, I really like your blog," Cool Mom Picks is sponsoring the first (and therefore best) ever Great BlogHer Photo Scavenger Hunt for the BlogHer attendees. That's all the attendees--not just those with cute little spawn.
Simply print out this page (or bookmark this url), make sure you pack your camera, and follow the simple instructions. You can even win prizes! Would it be a Cool Mom Picks contest without prizes?
How it Works
1) Take pictures over the BlogHer weekend including youself and/or your partner (yep, you can work in pairs) in the below-listed scenarios.
2) Post your pictures (along with the link to each blogger in your pictures) on your blog after the conference, between August 1 - 5, 2007. Also, try loading your pictures up on Photrade, a new free photo sharing service that lets you share and sell your photos. We don't make money if you use them, but you might. So why not give it a try.
3) Send the url to your post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) We'll assign points to your pictures and pick 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. If you work with a partner, you'll each win your own prize. In case of a tie, winners will be drawn at random.
1) You may use any blogger in only one photo. If you use a blogger in one scenario, you can't use her in any other one.
2) Link each of the bloggers photographed in your post. Spreading the love is a priority!
3) If you work with a partner, you'll only need one post between the two of you, but one or both of you can be in the pictures.
4) Want a head start? Look for the "I'm Going to BlogHer" buttons folks have been posting on their blogs and get to know them now. Also search the blogme07 tag on technorati for the 10 second introductions women are posting on their blogs.
5) We'd love you to help us spread the word by swiping this button code for your blog and telling every single person or animal you know (hey, we don't discriminate by species). And come find us and we'll give you nifty stickers to slap on your victims to make sure everyone knows that they've been scavenged.