earrings from Courtney Galler, designer/owner of Lila & Rain, are those perfect pieces for any special occasion sans kids, even if that occassion is just a quick burger at the local diner. Handcrafted from stunning natural materials, gemstones, and metals, Courtney’s pieces bring a lot of style to an outfit without totally killing the Visa card.So go ahead and sport the mom attire by day. Just don’t forget to deck yourself out in the off-duty hours. Trust me, it can do wonders for date night. You might even get asked out on another one–the very next day. –KristenThere’s nothing like getting all dressed up for your much awaited date night only to find you’re lacking in fun jewelry–i.e. that which would be yanked painfully from your person by any person under six, should he be accompanying you on your date. Which, of course, he will not. The
Hi! We’re Kristen + Liz!
We started Cool Mom Picks in 2006 to help make life cooler, more meaningful, and more fun for parents of all kinds.
Trivia: It was called Cool Mom Sh*t for the first two days. (Yeah, we rethought that.)
We had no idea our site would grow to become a major lifestyle network, that we'd end up sharing our finds with the TODAY Show and Martha Stewart, that we'd be able to make a real difference for so many small businesses and women-run companies, or that we'd end up with an incredible community of the coolest readers on the planet. (If we do say so ourselves).
And we still love what we do every single day.
We're so glad you're here.
Trending Right Now
Follow us on Instagram
Covid Support + Quarantine Help for Families
* Our complete Covid-19 and quarantine archives
* Expert tips for talking to your kids. Very reassuring!
* Helping teens who are struggling
* Quarantine birthday party ideas in the age of social distancing
* Board games to play over Zoom or Facetime
* Meal planning tips during quarantine to stretch your budget and your time
* The best ways to clean and disinfect your phones and gadgets. Keep doing it!
* 10 books to help our kids + teens cope with anxiety
* Safety tips for ordering take-out and delivery
* Simple ways to connect with our own moms and grandmas when we're apart