First, we need to thank you all so so much for being so supportive of our new podcast. To see it jump to #1 in the Kids + Family category on iTunes, well…we were floored. And we appreciate every one of the very nice reviews and ratings. Wow, we love our listeners.
Next: Don’t worry, no one got hurt in the making of our 2nd episode of SPAWNED with Kristen and Liz. Our headline is referring to our Cool Mom Eats Twitter bio that launched us into a whole discussion about parenting and pop culture and then, well, you’ll just need to listen to our second episode to get the whole picture. We’ve got all the links we discussed in our episode below.
If you’re wondering how to ensure you don’t miss our podcast every week, you can subscribe to our feed so it alerts you right on your smart phone or tablet. Yay! Here’s how to do it.
For iOS users:
1. Find the purple Podcasts app on your phone (it’s automatically there, iOS8 users; if you haven’t updated, you’ll need to download the Apple Podcasts app from the App Store. It’s free).
2. Click “Search” and type in “SPAWNED” (all caps not required).
3. Click the “Subscribe” button.
4. That’s it! Now wait for our podcasts to pop up every Wednesday, at which point, you can click to download and listen. Yay!
For Android users:
1. Head over to the Play Store and click the Apps tab.
2. Click “Search” and type “Stitcher Radio.”
3. Install Stitcher Radio and then open up the app.
4. You’ll need to sign up (it’s free!).
5. Click “Search” and type in “SPAWNED with Kristen and Liz”
6. Click “Episodes” to see our episode listing.
7. Listen over and over and over again.
Every week, we’ll feature a post here (or you can click on our Podcast category) linking to all the articles, website, and other things we discussed in our podcast. Here are the links about the things we talk about in our second episode of SPAWNED with Kristen and Liz.
– The new study that came out in Forbes asking whether parents’ smart phone habits putting kids at risk on the playground. (Note: misleading headline.)
– We love all the responses to these types of articles, like Jennifer Hicks’ viral Dear Mom on the iPhone, You’re Doing Fine and Parents on Playgrounds on Phones are the Worst People Ever, a hilarious post by Aaron Gouveia of Daddy Files.
– Liz’s tip: Turn off social media app notifications to help deal with the “always-on” phenomenon. It’s easier than you think!
– The infamous Parents on Phones Tumblr.
Kristen’s Cool Pick of the Week: Easy sheet pan meals on Cool Mom Eats, our newest site led by our fabulous food editor Stacie Billis.
Liz’s Cool Pick of the Week: Pomplamoose on YouTube. Couple Jack Conti and Natalie Dawn cover all kinds of songs, like Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, September, plus some more modern stuff like All About that Bass.
We invite you to subscribe to our Podcast feed on iTunes or Stitcher, plus, we’d love to hear from you! If you’ve got a topic idea, a question, a comment, a good joke (we’re kind of over our kids’ three knock-knock jokes) or if want to know where to send us homemade chocolate chip cookies, email us at SPAWNED@coolmompicks.com.
Bonus! Every week, we’ll be hosting a live podcast after-show streaming on Periscope. In fact, we’re actually livestreaming today at around noon EST. Make sure you’ve got the Periscope app on your phone and you’re following @coolmompicks. We’ll tweet before our live Periscope show starts so you can catch us. We’d love to see you.
Now, go listen to the second episode of our podcast! We’re having so much fun, and we hope you will too.