Even though Valentine’s Day is over, we can all use a little more romance, relationship advice, and hope, don’t you agree? That’s why we think you’ll enjoy our almost completely live (yes live!) Spawned Parenting podcast episode we recorded on Valentine’s Day.
Along with our special return guest, Robert Wilder, author and lead writer of Meet Cute, a new entertainment company producing short-form audio rom coms, we chat about everything from fun date night ideas to romantic gift suggestions, plus why it’s important for couples (especially parents) to take some time for themselves and each other. We laugh! We cry (not really)! It’s super fun. And as always, we close out our show with our Cool Picks of the Week.
You can listen to the show right now, but we hope you’ll become a Spawned podcast subscriber so you never miss an episode. And if you like our podcast, please leave us a 5-star review. It helps other folks find us, and for that we’re so grateful.
Topics we cover on the show
– Our feelings about Valentine’s Day. As in, is it really just a Hallmark holiday? Or is it something we should be observing with thoughtfulness?
– How moms and dads experience walking the line between the romantic Valentine’s Day and the fun, sweet one we celebrate with our kids?
– Answering the important questions like: When a woman buys lingerie for herself as a gift for her partner, is it really a gift? And what do dads really want for Valentine’s Day? Plus, a few questions from our readers about Valentine’s Day grinches, and how traditions have changed.
– Do we need more realistic representations of relationships? Or is the fantasy okay?
– Some very creative date night suggestions, including one from Rob that you might not have tried.
– A little more about our guest Robert Wilder’s new project, Meet Cute, and how the team he’s working with is bringing hope to the whole world through their 15-minute rom-coms (which you can find on your podcast app too).
Plus, a super funny quick answer round where we share some of our favorites. Trust us, it’s worth it!
Our Cool Picks of the Week
Make sure you listen to Rob’s previous Spawned podcast appearance where he picks a crockpot as his cool pick of the week. It’s sort of infamous.
Rob: This time around, Rob read a beautiful (and very funny) poem by Tony Hoagland.
Kristen: Buxom Power-full lip balm. It’s her new fave! (above)
Liz: Voting. Because voting is sexy.