We are safe-distance podcasting today! We have wine! And we are punchy! With all the time we have (no, we don’t entirely have a lot of time) we are watching ALL THE SERIES and laughing through this conversation today about our binge watching recos — what to watch as a family, what to watch alone, what to skip entirely. And why it really, really is okay. Scientifically proven, even.
We also answer that question on everyone’s minds these days: should you be watching Tiger King? And if you’re on the fence, Kristen has a brilliant suggestion for you.
Listen right here right now!
Also be sure to subscribe to Spawned Parenting Podcast on Apple Podcasts (or your favorite podcast app) so you never miss an episode. When you do, you help support our small business too! You can also join our Spawned Facebook community, which is a “safe and fun space” right now.
Topics we cover on this week’s podcast
– Give yourself permission! Read: Why now is not the time to obsess about productivity by Rainseford Stauffer, and This is Why You’re So Tired by Roxanna Sarmiento.
– Yes, Shakespeare wrote King Lear during the plague and we don’t plan on trying to do the same.
– Kristen prefers the lighter, fun series like Schitt’s Creek and Next in Fashion, while Liz likes darker shows like Hunters, I’m Not Okay with This, Peaky Blinders, and Umbrella Academy.
– A few of the best recommendations from our readers and IG fans, including some great older British sitcoms that are new to us.
– Why it’s nice to have some family shows, some me-time, shows…and to spend time to watch certain shows alone with just one kid, if you’ve got a few at home.
– Liz tries to convince Kristen to watch one particular segment on one particular episode of Impractical Jokers but…she’s skeptical.
– Pssst… Film Theory : Call Liz!
About our Sponsor: Gigantosauraus, The Game
Want to keep your little ones busy, happy, and keep those minds working? Download the brand new Gigantaurus: The Game. Based on the popular Disney Jr Show and brought to you by Outright Games, it offers adventures, puzzle, racing, plus 12 hours of story gameplay for kids 4-8 who are fans of the show — or just fans of dinosaurs. And isn’t that everyone?
It’s available for all the top gaming platforms: Nintendo Switch (our kids’ device of choice these days). Xbox ONE, Playstation 4, or PC. It’s perfect for kids who need a little downtime alone, or kids can enjoy it with the whole family.
Download Gigantasaurus: The Game right now for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4, or PC.
Our Cool Picks of the Week
Kristen: Check these ideas for little gifts “I miss you gifts” you can send to stay connected with far-away friends or family, like Homesick Candles.
Liz: Dance with Debbie Allen are the free Instagram Live dance classes with the famed Fame choreographer, and they’re giving Liz life! They’re one our picks for the best free classes, memberships and subscriptions you can find in this post here.