If you’ve already watched all the Rio Olympics replays and you need a little entertainment, here’s our newest Spawned episode.
On this episode on Spawned with Kristen and Liz, we tackle the topic of life with mess. How do you deal with your kids’ messy rooms? What do you keep clean and what do you let go? Do you have the yearly celebratory dusting schedule like Kristen and Liz?
[Top image: Eye Just Shoot on Etsy]
You can listen right now through the player below, and make sure to subscribe to Spawned on iTunes so you never miss an episode. We’ll be back every week now with new episodes.
Some topics we talk about:
– What we’ve been up to on our Spawned hiatus (hint: Kids at summer camp!)
– Kristen’s Thinking Parent piece about how she stopped making her daughter clean her room.
– Do messy desks mean creative people? Steve Jobs had a messy desk!
– Interesting thoughts on housework and which tasks are worth it and which are just puttering.
– Data nerd alert: Housework disproportionately affects women.
– Plus, we share how we prioritize what we keep clean and what we let go.
This week’s sponsor:
We’re so thrilled to welcome My Wonderful Nursery Rhyme Collection from Silver Dolphin Books as our podcast sponsor this week. It’s a beautiful treasury of classic nursery rhymes, with cool illustrations from a variety of awesome artists. Such a wonderful new baby gift, first birthday gift, you get the idea. And affordable too! Find it at our affiliate Amazon or your local indie bookseller.
Liz’s Cool Pick of the Week: Boom Boom Seamless eyebrow pen
Kristen’s Cool Pick of the Week: Poshmark app (which Jenna Elfman picked in a previous Spawned episode), now with kid’s and men’s stuff!
As always, you can email us with comments or suggestions (we’re also open to funny jokes) at email@example.com, and find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as @coolmompicks, and use hashtag #spawnedshow. Thanks for listening!