Just in time for holiday shopping, Fids and Kamily has released their Top 15 Kids CD’s of 2012 this morning. Which means that you now have a bunch of great gift ideas for every kid on your list that you won’t mind listening to either. You’re welcome.
This list isn’t created by any one person, but by combining the votes from journalists, bloggers, publicists, radio show hosts. . .and yours truly. So it truly is the top collective picks of a whole big group of us who listen to an awful lot of kids’ music.
Who won? Well, the photo here is a hint, but keep reading for the details. And if you’d like to know which CD’s made it into my own top 10 picks from the hundreds of CD’s we consider here on CMP each year, I’ve got that too.
The very-deserved winner at the top is Can You Canoe? by our long-time favorites The Okee Dokee Brothers (we can say we’ve loved them from the start!) Congratulations Joe & Justin! You’ve come so far in just a few years.
You can find the top picks for 2012 at Fids and Kamily at their website. Curious how the Cool Mom Picks team voted, keeping in mind the listening habits (and tolerance) of regular parents and kids? Here are my picks:
1. Can You Canoe? by The Okee Dokee Brothers
2. In Tents by Recess Monkey
3. Make Believers by Secret Agent 23 Skidoo
4. Radio Jungle by The Pop-Ups
5. Tumble Bee by Laura Veirs
6. Year in the Day by Gustafer Yellowgold
7. All on a Sunday Afternoon by Sugar Free Allstars
8. Science Fair Various Artists
9. Throw a Penny in the Wishing Well by Jennifer Gasoi
10. Hot Dog! by Caspar Babypants
I think next year, I’ll just put a ten-way tie for #10 since there are so many great CD’s that I wanted to get onto this list.
Congratulations to everyone who was mentioned. We parents of music-loving little ones truly appreciate everything you do for all of us.