Back in January, we spoke with Jake Knapp about making time for the things we love. In other words, prioritizing.(Way better word than “balance,” don’t you think?) Jake offered outstanding tips for making sure your days and weeks and years are spent on more of the things that make you happy.
So, do those tips work? Have we been able to prioritize a little more over the past 9 months?
Join us for a fun, helpful, revealing episode in which we share our own progress in how we’re prioritizing our health, our family time, our partners, our friends, our hobbies and passions. our own health and well-being — and where we could be doing better.
Take a liisten to the latest episode of the Spawned Parenting podcast right now, and below, find related links about the things we talk about in the episode.
Our fantastic sponsor: Candlewick Press
We’re excited that now, Jon Klassen’s acclaimed, best-selling hat trilogy of children’s books are available all together as a gorgeously packaged keepsake box set. You’ll find the award- winning titles I Want my Hat Back, This is Not My Hat, and I Found my Hat all together in hard-cover, packaged with a frameable artwork print.
Adults love the artwork and subversive humor, kids love being in on the jokes throughout the stories, and you’ll love picking one up as an amazing birthday or baby shower gift, whether for Jon Klassen superfans, or those just discovering his magic.
Related links from our show
– If you haven’t listened to Episode 138, Jake Knapp on making time for things you love, start there!
– Tips from Atomic Habits about getting in good habits, like changing your environment to change your mindset.
– Free phone wallpaper to help you practice more mindful screen time.
– The inspiring quote from One Tough B on Instagram (NSFW-ish)
– Liz is seeing lots of Broadway shows!
– The brand new Cool Mom Fit Facebook group is for getting into better habits with the help of a totally non-judgmental, supportive community.
– How Apple Watch is helping Liz be more mindful, more connected with her kids, and less tethered to her phone.
– The Wing community and co-working space for women.
– The great screen time debate: Where the experts stand.
– Samantha Ettus on finding balance (or better ways to talk about our busy lives besides “finding balance”
Our Cool Picks of the Week
Kristen: Her whole family is obsessed with Crokinole, a fun strategy game that you’ve probably never heard of.
Liz: If you’re in the NY area, run don’t walk to get tickets for Little Shop of Horrors off-Broadway, starring Hamilton Tony-nominee Jonathan Groff, Tony winner Christian Borle (Falsettos, Something Rotten), and Emmy winner Tammy Blanchard as Audrey. It’s extended until January! (PS The LA production starring George Salazar is supposed to be great fun too, if you hurry.)