Today we’re talking about one of our very favorite subjects, how to support small businesses this holiday, during a year that needs it more than ever.
After nearly 15 years, we’ve become quite the experts (if we do say so ourselves!) and so we’re sharing some of our very favorite tips and tricks with you that can help keep your own community going this holiday. Not to mention, some wonderful, worthy small businesses all around the country.
We think you’ll find it helpful, inspiring, and even fun! Take a listen right now right here, through Apple Podcasts or your own favorite podcasting app.
Be sure to subscribe to the Spawned parenting podcast so you never miss an episode. And hey, please join our Spawned podcast community on Facebook because we’re doing a lot of laughing and helping and commiserating over there, with some really great people.
Some of the tips and ideas you’lll hear in this episode:
– surprising places in your own community to find gifts
– ways your gifts can support local restaurants, beyond some of the tips we wrote here
– Who we’re tipping, how much, and why.
– how to use food delivery apps to send local gifts
– the brilliant Etsy tip that we always use
– the new Cool Mom Picks bookshop on Indiebound, supporting indie bookstores.
– how to find sales on favorite web shops that don’t seem to be advertised
– clever ways to book fun lessons and experience gifts — with a shoutout to my daughter’s voice teacher Amy Marie Stewart, and Casa Sociale’s YouTube cooking class series,which is just hilarious.
– how to support small businesses through sites like Amazon — with shoutouts to mom-run game-makers Not Parent Approved on Amazon, and Eunique Jones’s Culture Tags, now available at Target.
And, we talk about how to support your favorite indie publishers and podcasters…like, Cool Mom Picks and Spawned! (Yes, those kind 5-star reviews really really do make a difference for our own small business.)
Top image: Tim Mossholder via Unsplash
This episode’s awesome sponsor:
Life360 provides location safety, driving safety, and digital safety
Life360 is the leading family safety membership service, offering comprehensive, easy-to-use safety features for life at home, online, and on the road, all through one simple app.
As we head into winter, protect your drivers and passengers with 24/7 Roadside Assistance and Crash Detection with Emergency Dispatch. Get peace of mind with their Identity Theft Protection, which is particularly important over the holiday season. And Life360’s advanced location safety features allow your whole family to stay connected throughout the day without sending a single text.
Plans even contain stolen phone coverage protection and crime reports, should you need them.
Our cool picks of the week (surprise!):
Today we’re sharing a few few faves from our own 2020 Small Business Holiday Gift Guide and you can find the cool items we’re discussing right here:
But wait! There’s more!
You can also find these guides on our site, which support tons of small businesses too.